CrackerLude (pics and more pics)

Built not Bought - Show us your creation, or should we say 'pride & joy'.
TimoLude
CPC Member
CPC Member
CrackerLude (pics and more pics)

Post by TimoLude »

where to begin. the build is a bit over a year or so old now. on going as they do. ill try to cover the stage one in this post and then reply with each stage as it has gone along. pics will be plentiful and detailed.

It all started in october of 2018, 5 years after the last time i drove my blue 85. it was parked due to many reasons and just deteriorated to the point of not beeing worth fixing. I was browsing kijiji as one does and came across a white 2g in sarnia. of course i emailed the guy and we started talking. a week or so later i drove out to see the car. the car needed alot of work but the body was pretty solid, so i asked if the guy would keep it till march for me since it was in a nice heated garage and i needed to make space.
fast forward to march of 2019 and with the help of my buddy we rented a uhaul trailer and went to pick it up.

once home i started checking it out. seeing what was what. it had a blown engine for sure, needed ball joints, needed body work around the gas door, had some missing mouldings and stuff but all in all the body was decent and the interior would clean up well.

next up was to locate the parts. i knew i had a spare low km motor in storage back at my parents place so that was step one. then basically get whatever was needed fixed for saftey.

now that i had the motor home i started swapping that in the driveway. it was still march so it was not the warmest and occasionally i was beeing snowed on lol.

with the bulk of the engine installed i had to clean up a set of carbs to use.

then i wanted to do a test fire. the motor had fresh oil and hadn't been started for about 20 years. make sure it was leaking or knocking. i was hoping for a bitt of sputtering to tell me it was going to fire. you can see the vid in the link below.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1GanNNeqj61Yyo4j7

after that successful situation i continued to reassemble the engine bay and move on to safety requirements, one of the issues right away was a broken door lock flipper. somthing that would have failed inspection for sure. so i designed and 3d printed a replacement.

then after a quick alternator change and some final peices going back on like an axle boot and a couple things. i had the tires back on and ready to take it off the jack stands for a test drive in the yard.

[img]blob:https://youtube.googleapis.com/096349e6 ... c80f6aff77[/img]
[img]blob:https://youtube.googleapis.com/d883939b ... ed6dea5991[/img]

next up was to sort out why the floor was totally soaked with water after a good rain. the sunroof drain tube was kinked and pointing into the car instaed of down and out the rocker panels. so i did a tube relocation and routed it out of the trunk behind the bumper. there are rubber plugs in the body already and the tube is long enough.

i had gone and gotten my plates and a temp sticker and was able to legally drive it on the road. wich gave me a some time to shake down any issues before saftey inspection. and of course not 5 minutes into my first drive and it overheated, turns out the thermostat was stuck.

then it was back to driving around.

so now it was assemble the interior and fix the gas pocket.

more parts installed and cleaned up before inspection

then off it went and passed with no issue. so i promptly got my plate sticker and the good times began. my goal for that summer was just to drive it and enjoy it with a big build to come the next winter. i took it to some shows. drove it all over. just had a good first summer.

about july i noticed some nasty oil spots in the yard. turned out to be the oil pan was rotten. it took 2 new pans and 5 gaskets tries to get it to not leak, it turns out the gaskets had been sitting on the parts store shelves for years and were dry. they would just crack and fall apart instead of squash and seal. so 5 nights in a row i was under there with the pan off. right up until midnight the night before my first show. but luckily it was finally solved.

then the good times continued.

in the fall i exrtracted my Mugen spoiler from the blue car and got it fitted up on the white car.

then i set about getting some winter shelter for my baby girl.

now that it was tucked in for the winter and i had a dry place to work the parts purchasing began. i got almost everything from rock auto minus a few upgrade parts. basically i collected a mass pile of parts awaiting the new year and some warmer weather to start working.

and that ended year one with the car.
www.timolude.com
infamouz
Admin
Admin
Re: CrackerLude (pics and more pics)

Post by infamouz »

damnn that's quite a bit of work! Glad you're keeping this alive :)
In a world full of copies, be an original.
Graphic Design: Indezyne | Rare Prelude Parts: InfamouzJDM
TimoLude
CPC Member
CPC Member

Post by TimoLude »

Thanks guys its been a labour of love. Once i get a few hours to set aside ill post Part 2: The Build! Thatll bring us right through last winter and last summer.
www.timolude.com
madrygal
QC Leader
QC Leader

Post by madrygal »

Wow Awesome work there.
Prelude SE 2001 (H22A)
Imranbb6

Post by Imranbb6 »

Woww that is awesome allot of time and money. Great seeing a clean 2nd gen out here 👌

Return to “Builds”