Tell your Prelude curse stories!

CPC, Preludes & General car talk
Eeeeezzzzz
Re: Tell your Prelude curse stories!

Post by Eeeeezzzzz »

Man... I’ve had some run ins with these damn BB6s as well.

My first one was a ‘97, got it for 2gs super rusty but I was negligent at the time as it was my first car. Had an exhaust, came with some rims, I was super amped. After inevitably hitting 50,000 potholes after a few months of owning it; I was on my way to work and ended up hitting a pot hole. I started hearing some clinging noises and thought “oh you know my mid pipe is probably hitting again cause I’m low”. I get on to the highway and I’m cruising hearing the pinging noises, a car with 4 dudes pulls up beside me and I see them smiling and laughing so I’m like huh I wonder what this is about. Then the clinging stopped... I looked in my rear view mirror and saw my muffler tumbling down the 400 behind me :?

Started to learn about mechanical stuff on that same car and went under it after a winter of driving it and almost half a year of it sitting only to find that she was ROTTEN. I have a video of me legit bending the frame lol.

Now with my newest prelude that damn EGR is acting up for me too, so annoying I can’t even explain how infuriated it makes me lol.

Only had 2 bad ones with this, I’ll keep it short.
Had a wicked R34 style body kit on it when I bought it, made the car super low to the ground (see attached), one day I was trying to reverse my car into buddies drive way to take a nice picture and my rear bumper grabbed hold of one of the bricks, then as I rolled to try and get myself unstuck it ripped off the bumper along with the brackets. Had to source a new rear bumper ASAP.

Most recently (2 days ago) I just got back to my area and decided to get some gas. Now I live in toronto and the roads around Yonge and Finch are absolutely ridiculous, I pulled up to the gas station and started pumping only to look over to the right and see that ALL of my coolant has been flushed and is sitting in a massive green puddle.. I finished my fill up and proceeded to creep under 2k RPM and neutral all the way home as my temps rose.

I’m expecting more to happen soon, much like yourself I just keep fixing and fixing and fixing. She’s basically got a rebuilt front end at this point.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5thGenShawn

Post by 5thGenShawn »

Here's my story, first bought my car around May of 2011. It was in excellent condition, no rust and ran great. Two weeks after I bought the car, I was on my way home from working in Ft.Macmurray going to Edmonton. There was still a bit of snow on the ground but roads were clear. About 10mins from getting home, I'm at a stop sign waiting to pull out on the final stretch, suddenly,BOOM,rear ended by a PT cruiser. I was instantly pissed, get out of the car and first thing I see is the other car with the front pretty much smashed to bits,thinking "oh God my car must be just as bad". As walk up to the rear of my car, I was amazed to see a little bit of the paint spider webbed on the bumper but that's it. Got away lucky that time. 6 month later was at a red light in the city when I heard a loud cruching sound from behind, turned my head to see that a semi truck had attempted to occupy the same space as my car. The lug nuts started peeling up my quater panel. Insurance wrote the car off but I got to keep it. Took the money I got an repaired the damage my self. Took a while but got it done.
Forward to 2014, was at a friend's house when out of nowhere this guy messed up on drugs started smashing out the windows on my car with a bat, he got the rear and both windows on the driverside before I got close enough to stop him. He got the worst of it ,I assure you lol. Replaced the windows myself. Caused some body damage on the pillers. About a year ago I rebuilt the engine and replaced 99%of suspension and steering components. It runs and drives absolutely perfect. Next project is to cut and weld in some rust free rear quater panels I picked up last month. My car has been through a alot but still has lots of life left in it, I've put so much time and energy into this car, I will never sell it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bb1.ben
CPC Member
CPC Member

Post by bb1.ben »

katsumi_bb6 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:40 am That egr stuff is the absolute WORST thing imaginable with these cars. The whole system literally trashes the motor, fills everything up with carbon and oil and the poor car literally kills itself slowly. And Honda couldn't have even made the egr ports accessible without drilling the stupid things out. It's such a joke.
For the low price of one golf tee in the vacuum line you can delete the egr 😁
If you wait until the last minute to do something, It only takes a minute

Return to “General Discussion”