Just brought an old queen home...

Are you new to the community? Introduce yourself!
SupersonicGyspy
Just brought an old queen home...

Post by SupersonicGyspy »

Good morning, fellow Preluders, the name is Cedric, 36, assimilated french Canadian.

I recently bought a 2nd generation specimen in what most would call pristine condition. The first/previous owner bought it new in 1983 and garage kept her for the next 38 years. The exterior hasn't been modified further than a front "lip", a NACA inlet over the filter, fog lights, etc. Now the engine is a different story.. It's a high compression A18, bored to 1.9L, with a very long list of goodies. Programmable fuel injection/ignition computer, external oil cooler with oil filter relocation, dual stage intake with fuel injection system and front brakes from an Accord, exhaust and rear disk brakes from a 3rd gen Prelude Si, 5-spd with shorter 2nd gear for auto-slalom and 1:1 4th. The actual list of upgrades is much longer, but I forgot lots of it, and the gentleman had forgotten a bunch also..! :lol: The car also came with a second complete A18 engine with about 50k km on it, 3 different hoods; OEM, NACA duct, "ram air"

I ordered and received a set of Enkei 92 classic wheels, which I think will really make the car. Otherwise I plan on enjoying it as much as I can this summer, and take it to shows, lapping, and autocross events. I already put about 3k km on it and it's only been 8 days since I bought it.

She's in the shop today, getting her safety/appraisal, and her new wheels installed. I'll post pics later.

Here's a few pics of the car in its previous and new lives. The support doggo's name is Lily, she's pretty cool. Wheel pic for reference (sorry for the massive pic...)

Cheers and screw the Leafs! ;)

Cedric

• '83 Prelewd
    '16 Eurotrash 1.8TSI Stage 1
SupersonicGyspy
Re: Just brought an old queen home...

Post by SupersonicGyspy »

Proper wheels are on and she's plated. Come on, Mother Nature, bring on sunny days!!

• '83 Prelewd
    '16 Eurotrash 1.8TSI Stage 1
mATTS PRELUDE
Re: Just brought an old queen home...

Post by mATTS PRELUDE »

She’s a beauty!! My first was an 85 Second Gen. Love them, and to see one in that shape. Damn. Hope maybe to see in person one day!
-Matt
Ps. I’m with you on the leaves comment. 👎 HAHA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “New Member Introduction”