Wilson's 3rd Gen

Built not Bought - Show us your creation, or should we say 'pride & joy'.
Wilson
Maritimes Leader
Maritimes Leader
Wilson's 3rd Gen

Post by Wilson »

-Hey guys so this might be long but, this was my first car.. My dad bought it for me (He insisted on me having something different) of course the prelude being 4ws was different enough! Heres the first pic ive ever got of it .
FB_IMG_1613400331947.jpg
-After plenty of work and the drive to build cars, I fixed it up lowered it, decided I absolutely needed to turbo this thing and build up the original B20/21 (Definately a lesson not to turbo a car thats impossible to find parts for :lol: )
FB_IMG_1584895210848.jpg
-This was my first build with tons of mistakes, made around 180whp 185Wtq at 4psi (I wanted to be safe😂) Until the stock b20a rod decided to not hold up and spin a bearing...
Screenshot_20210215-111620_Facebook.jpg

-Its not the first or last time the car got on a tow truck 😂 Figured after having a hard time getting parts id go with the more common H22 swap... Got 1funryd trac bar/AZ race billet mounts/Wireworx harness.. Couldnt not turbo it while im there right? 🤷‍♂️ Also seemed like a great time to shave and respray the bay.

-Paint turned out incredible, Tucked away battery and fusebox and dropped in the new swap 😏

-This was definately way more fun of a swap (Was never dynoed) And then got the whole paint figured out (My oem paint was so faded)

-Got my new to me set of Nt03's and Ksports and a brand new in box Carbon fibre hood 🤤

-Time to get a new brake setup with all this power 👀 Fast Brakes has a kit for our preludes with wilwood gear and 2 piece rotors

-So after about two years or so with the H swap I got bored and needed to do something way more crazy... AWD because why not 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ So basicly started off with a straight forged b16 setup with type R head and skunk 2 internals and needed to make AWD swap mounts..

-The B16 had spark break up issues, so instead of fixing the distributor figured it was time to go with the aem setup..

-Now that I had a better ecu it was time to upgrade from the little 1.6.. Got a Benson sleeved B18b1 and slapped the type R head and some bosch 1000's injectors and more aem stuff (Fuel rail/inline pump/regulator).. Had some boost creep issues so went with an AFi turbo manifold and of course some powdercoating and I ended up making a new cluster mount for the AEM CD7 I scored 👀

Image-

-Humble Performance's Kenny made me a custom template for the dash resembling our oem cluster

-Now of course the AWD swap changed shifter setups, figured it would be a good excuse to get a Ktuned shifter and cable setup, and to spice up interior with some factory ITR recaros

-I dont have many pictures of the awd setup, but I decided on the CRV rear diff and still wanted a full exhaust so got Vibrant Oval tubing to better fit the chassis with the 4WS and new driveshaft passing through.

-Time for some new wheels since the project got a little out of hand ;)

Current Engine/Drivetrain setup :

-Benson sleeved b18b1 block
-Manley pistons/rods
-Arp Head studs
-ACL bearings
-Type R head
-Supertech valve springs/retainers
-Quiktime 214 cams
-Edelbrock Intake manifold
-Bosch 1000's Injectors
-Aem fuel rail/regulator
-AFI turbo manifold
-Holset HE351W turbo
-Tial 44 gate
-Tial BOV
-CRV AWD transmission
-CRV rear diff
-2 CRV short rear axles
-1Funryd Trac bar
-AZ race H22 billet mounts/Custom trans mount
-Rear hasport EF AWD T bracket modified
-Aem infinity 508
-Aem Coil on plug
-Aem CD7

Current suspension/accesory setup :

-Full superpro poly bushing kit
-2 Sets of front Ksports (Needed for AWD clearance, Need rear Ksports tophats)
-Custom fuel cell with flat trunk pan and braided AN feed/return fuel line
-Ktuned shifter and Cables and BAWD bracket
-ITR Recaro's
-Kenwood Deck and Rear 12" sub/amp
-Fast brakes Wilwood 12.6" Brake kit
-RSX Rear calipers and EP3 rotors
-Braided brake lines
-Nt03's 17x7 +42 First wheel setup
-VMS 15x8 +20 Current setup

Anyways this was a pretty long enough process if anyone has any questions by all means. Thanks :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- 1990 Honda Prelude SR AWD4WS 8-) 8-)
infamouz
Admin
Admin
Re: Wilson's 3rd Gen

Post by infamouz »

I'm glad people are keeping the 3rd gen alive. It's already hard to come across these, ever harder to come across one in mint condition. Keep up the good work.
In a world full of copies, be an original.
Graphic Design: Indezyne | Rare Prelude Parts: InfamouzJDM
Imranbb6

Post by Imranbb6 »

Woww this lude is mint and very well put together. Love the boosted setup you got 👌
5thGenShawn

Post by 5thGenShawn »

Absolutely amazing work you've done, I'm blown away.
madrygal
QC Leader
QC Leader

Post by madrygal »

Wow i love it !
Prelude SE 2001 (H22A)
Jakson100

Post by Jakson100 »

I'm actually currently building something very similar, what rear hubs did you use?
Wilson
Maritimes Leader
Maritimes Leader

Post by Wilson »

Ended upusing oem rear prelude bearings and 04 insight hubs. Sorry for the late reply.
- 1990 Honda Prelude SR AWD4WS 8-) 8-)

Return to “Builds”