LF: knowledgeable people. Why? H23 in a 2nd Gen

CPC, Preludes & General car talk
SupersonicGyspy
LF: knowledgeable people. Why? H23 in a 2nd Gen

Post by SupersonicGyspy »

Anyone knows if a H23 was ever put in a 2nd gen? Anyone has the know-how and the abilities to help me do that swap? I pay ;)
  • '83 Prelewd
    '16 Eurotrash 1.8TSI Stage 1
infamouz
Admin
Admin
Re: LF: knowledgeable people. Why? H23 in a 2nd Gen

Post by infamouz »

I don't know if i've seen a 2nd gen with a H23a in Canada per say. However, i know 91preludese has done the h22a swap in his prelude. He might be able to guide you. He'll be at the June 26 meet...(unless he see's this post first haha :lol: )
In a world full of copies, be an original.
Graphic Design: Indezyne | Rare Prelude Parts: InfamouzJDM
SupersonicGyspy

I found a great deal on a blue top H23, but I’m not equipped to do the swap myself. As I said, I’m looking for someone or someones who could help me. And I’d pay good.
  • '83 Prelewd
TimoLude
CPC Member
CPC Member

Post by TimoLude »

There was/is a second gen in Halifax with an h22 swap. It was built by a local shop down there and required extensive subframe modification as well as custom axles brakes etc it is a huge undertaking and you definitely need to find someone with quality fabrication skills. You will definitely need to do the brake upgrade to facilitate the extra power the engine will produce a lot of guys skip the brakes and just put a larger engine without any thought to stopping the car once it's moving. So yes it can be done and has been done and I believe the h23 are the same dimensions but it won't be a simple process by any means
www.timolude.com
SupersonicGyspy

TimoLude wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:41 pm There was/is a second gen in Halifax with an h22 swap. It was built by a local shop down there and required extensive subframe modification as well as custom axles brakes etc it is a huge undertaking and you definitely need to find someone with quality fabrication skills. You will definitely need to do the brake upgrade to facilitate the extra power the engine will produce a lot of guys skip the brakes and just put a larger engine without any thought to stopping the car once it's moving. So yes it can be done and has been done and I believe the h23 are the same dimensions but it won't be a simple process by any means
I appreciate the reply! I do have a complete ET motor with around 50k on it. How do these react to turbocharging?
  • '83 Prelewd
91prelude2se

Post by 91prelude2se »

I know I'm late to this post.
Don't even bother with a hseries in a 2nd gen. Way too much fabrications and very advance 9.2 out of 10 difficulty IMO.
If you're serious about swap just go k series and call it a day. The amount of work is exactly the same.

Return to “General Discussion”