JDM Navigator By TimOLude

TimoLude
CPC Member
CPC Member
JDM Navigator By TimOLude

Post by TimoLude »

copied from outside CPC

Complete document here.
docs.google.com/document/d/1l9M4E8MxZxQkN05LXT4ZOaouVwildbqTEV-t--lXyOg/edit?usp=sharing

ook so for anyone who knows what it is youll probly like this. for anyone who doesnt know you will probly love this.

Ok so got my navi in yesterday. so of course had to find out exactly what it does and how, and why, and so on.

So this thing is pretty cool. you input your expected speed of travel(80kph highway you set 80kph) and it displays as follows.
minutes driving

distance traveled

average spped of trip thus far(increases or decreses depending with speed

distance ahead or behind of schedule(shows a - or a +)

mintues behind or ahead of schedule(shows - or +)

ok so finally got it all finished and installed. so check it out

ok some pics of the wiring. i took the original clock wires and used them to power the navi since they had all the needed wires right there. then i tucked everyhting into the wire chanel. it turned out realy clean.

JDM DESTRUCTION WARNING!! if you cant stomach the canabalism of jdm parts ....avert your eyes
that beeing said a prayer to the jdm gods and a moment of silence were conducted prior to this

Alrighty so time to make 1 jdm radio housing fit onto 1 CDM dash
the center section of the dash(radio housing) actually un-screws from the glove box dash panel section. the framing however is not the same from the RHD to the LHD due to the differences in shape and the EQ beeing above the radio on the JDM.
So what i had to do was dismantle the LHD dash and cut out the center frame work that holds the radio and the pocket. i cut it sparingly so i could trim little bits at a time and only what i needed to so i would still have a some strength in the remaining portion. now i had to do the same with the RHD dash...this one i cut even more sparingly as i had only one of these and many LHD ones lol.
What i did was leave the two upper corner screw holes on the two units and cut out from there. on the RHD dash you need to keep all 6 screw holes. i trimmed the RHD upper corners to fit behind the LHD ones for maximum strenght. they are kind of thick and need to be grinded down by half so the two sections (outter and inner) meet properly.
From there its a matter of trimming and testing till it fits right. im going to add metal bracing to join the two sections but havnt got to that yet. wont really make any difference to the fitment anyway just for strength. so heres the pics enjoy

ooook. so got it all ready for install. let em know what you think of my color match
www.timolude.com

Return to “2nd Gen (83-87)”