A 2g....what is it? How is it better?

1983-1987 Honda Prelude Discussion
TimoLude
CPC Member
CPC Member
A 2g....what is it? How is it better?

Post by TimoLude »

So what is this thing they call a second gen prelude?
Simply it is the best prelude 🤷‍♂️
in my opinion of course lol
Its boxy and wedgy and everything 80s is meant to be. It had tons of cool toys to make it apealing to young men as a good car to pick up girls in.
Its sporty and drives like a go cart with a roof. Balance is solid with a well tuned suspension. At a relatively light curb weight its a blast to crank around some bends.
Interior is a step up from the previous generation and comfortable for its time. Bolstered seats and well placed controls go a long way. However the back seat really is more for your coat than a person lol.
Exterior is simple but well thought out and of course the pop up headlights are a key feature.
The power plant had several variations but by far the most produced was the 1.8l single cam carbed variant. Making around 110hp it wasnt a power house but still enough power to make it a fun drive. Coupled with a 5speed manual transmission, its a must drive.

I highly recommend anyone who loves preludes to drive one of these legends!!
www.timolude.com
blck.prl.lude
AB Leader
AB Leader
Re: A 2g....what is it? How is it better?

Post by blck.prl.lude »

My 2nd gen has the 1991 engine (b21a1) and subframe. It's painted gold to look like the JDM b20a option for the 2nd gen. Having owned a 1991 before, I'd say it feels very similar to drive, however it's about 400 pounds lighter than my 3rd gen at my local trucker scale. I want to experience driving a stock 2.0Si for comparison!

ImageImage

2013 CR-Z 6 Speed | 1986 Prelude 2.0Si
IG: blck.prl.lude / james.conroy.17
TimoLude
CPC Member
CPC Member

Post by TimoLude »

nice man. looks like it fits well and probly flies with the extra HP
www.timolude.com
bb1.ben
CPC Member
CPC Member

Post by bb1.ben »

Sounds like I really need to try driving some other preludes, I've only ever driven my 4th gen. 2g and 3g definitely capture my interest though...
If you wait until the last minute to do something, It only takes a minute

Return to “2nd Gen”